Re: Akka

Dear Phactorial,

what do you think how long it will take you to implement the on-thy-fly
decompression. I want to know since i have to decide whether to put akka as
last shot to the distro or have to make more work.

In all cases i will try it out soon. But i think the decompression routines
helps akka to be more standard complain, at least it doesn't break kbd
directory style for one app. ;-)

Christian

--
Systemhaus Kalkhoff - Whatever you want, you get IT
Postfach 1444

Zitat von Phactorial - <phact0rial at hotmail dot com>:

> Akka is the perfect choice when it comes to bidi/arabic support in the Linux
>
> (and soon BSD) console. ElZubeir's configuration files are very specific to
>
> his system (which has console tools installed). I am working on the Akka
> console configuration frontend which should make the process automatic and
> the manual process easier.
>
> Akka does not depend on console tools at all, it just uses the keymaps it
> provides (which can also be found for kbd). Most modern Linux systems to
> have kbd installed, all you have to do is find the directory in which the
> keymaps are installed and change the configuration file so that the
> configuration mirrors your system's kbd configuration. I must warn you that
>
> kbd compresses the keymaps. So you will have to decompress the ones you use
>
> and put them somewhere else. I'll add in some routines after the
> configuration frontend is finished to decompress on the fly when needed
> depending on the underlying kb system.

[Introducing myself]