Re: some questions about Akka

On Sunday 04 August 2002 09:53, Haydar Net wrote:
> Salam,
> I have some questions about akka:
I will try to answer what I can.

> 1- how to configure akka to use a normal arabic "no square arabic".
the default conf file created by Mr.Elzubier sets the console2 to be square
arabic while console3 is set to use regular shaping:
ig you want to make console 2 do regular shaping (no square arabic), you can
load this conf file:
###################################
#!/usr/bin/perl
use Akka;
Akka::add_console(2);
Akka::set_keymap(2, "/usr/share/keymaps/akka/us-latin1.map",
"/usr/share/keymaps/akka/arabic.map");
Akka::process_glyph(2, 1);
Akka::load_glyph_file(2, "/usr/share/consoletrans/iso06glyph.map");
`consolechars --tty=/dev/tty2 -m straight-to-font -f
/usr/share/consolefonts/sample.f16`;
#####################################

> 2- I don't know if this a bug but every time i boot linux using vga =
> 788 or vga = 791 i get very rare charectors instead of the Arabic
> letters in Akka.
I use the framebuffer device with vga=791 and arabic seems to be great with
akka, (no problems with that in my box)

> 4- Is there any way to get Akka use the standard system fonts defined in
> /etc/sysconfig/i18n  "SYSFONTACM="iso06""
In slackware , the script rc.font loads the default font and I can let it load
the font iso06b.fnt instead of the default font , and this is - of course -
done after I put the font in /usr/share/kbd/consolefonts , maybe I didn't
understand you properly.

--
Mohammed Yousif
"She is in my mind and soul, I love her with all my heart and blood".