Re: a new project 'quran'

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 01:00:22PM -0700, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Jul 2002 10:20:40 +0300,
>
> I have a suggestion -- are you looking or considering creating (or porting)
> this program to non-Qt3 type of environments.  What I'm getting at is, it
> would be wonderful if such a program would exist and function properly
> without dependence on Qt3 and/or Pango/Gtk.  This might be a new area for
> you (and us :-), but it might be a good place to start a discussion along
> those lines regarding how to go about doing something like that (I know it
> might be considered reinventing the wheel and that it might not sit well with

No, it's not 'considered' to be reinventing the wheel, it _is_ reinventing it.
I don't understand why anyone would want to do that. Unless you are suggesting
adding Arabic support the native xlibs, this is a waste of time.

later
---
Was I helpful? Let others know:
http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=elzubeir