Re: chonfigure and glib-config

On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 06:23:19PM +0100, Chahine M. Hamila wrote:

> doesn't it prevent chonfigure to run properly?

Nope :( Hence this whole discussion (I am trying to conceal the FreeBSD
nature of the problem). Actually, since it has little to do with FreeBSD
itself I thought it was well worth nothing.

> backward compatibility. E.g. systems like mine, where it's not installed yet;)
> Besides, I am not even sure pkg-config will end up in woody, as they didn't even put
> it in the testing section.

Sure. I don't know about Debian (other than it certainly didn't make a good
impression on me) including it with Woody or even potato EVER. Then again, it
takes Debian a few centuries before they decide to keep upto-date with the
rest of the world.

I wonder if anybody w/ other distributions knows which is available in what?
That would kind of give an idea of whether this is important to look into now
or not. My point is, Debian is not my gage.

> Actually, I developed chonfigure as an "incremental" work. Which means, every time

"incremental" another word for 'hard-coded' ,-)

| Mohammed Elzubeir                    | http://fakkir.net/           |
| Tech Support                         | http://www.arabeyes.org/     |
| College of Business Computing Center | Homepage:                    |
| University of North Texas            | http://fakkir.net/~elzubeir/ |