Re: Contribution & Participation

--- Youcef Rabah Rahal <rahal at arabeyes dot org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 March 2004 23:11, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> > I too agree that we can't do it ourselves.  I tried to google for
> > '.POT web applications' or similar, but got nowhere (can anyone do
> > better ??).  One thing to mention in passing though, the Mozilla
> > sub-project was I believe done all online (and is still done so),
> > maybe we can tap that talent to see if anything can be done for us.
>
> I did not find anything either.

So what do the others think ?  Is this something we should get people
to look into and create for us ?

I think what the translators are missing as well is an instant sense of
satisfaction by seeing their work translated to something real (ie. for
them to see their work in action) - not sure if we can do anything there
either (a third-party VNC capable server was suggested on IRC that would
allow people to login and view the environment which would be updated
nightly, but I'm not sure it is worth the headaches).

> > A suggestion was also made for Arabeyes to "host" ar.wikipedia - can
> > we get comments on this ?  The rationale there is to have more new
> > faces and more willing translators come, linger and help.  I'll
> > hold off my opinion until others comment :-)
>
> Host ar.wikipedia ? I'm not sure if it is compatible with our mandate
> nor if it is technically easy to do :-) I think we are wandering a little.

I'm not for it either, but it is worth discussing if anyone is.