Re: Minutes and Agenda

On Sat, 2004-02-28 at 20:51, Nadim Shaikli wrote:

> I continue to be adamantly against using wiki for this and will continue
> to only use CVS -- this change, per my stance during the meeting, is
> beyond silly and should not divide us (we have _much_ bigger issues to
> tackle and deal with).

So quit making a big deal out of it. Like Youcef, I do not understand
your reasons. Wiki is essentially RCS over the web. It offers the
ability to subscribe to a page so you get email notifications when it is
changed. I frankly no longer care who uses CVS, I expect minutes and
agendas to be on wiki. That is where I will get my agenda and that is
where I will read my minutes. It is more accessible that way for others
to view. Asking people to view the core minutes and agendas over ViewCVS
is both awkward and unnatural to a lot of people (newbies in particular
and non-technical on-lookers). I think it is worth the 'oh I have to use
the web instead of emacs' compromise.

Want to write a script that puts things over there? That's fine. Do it.
At the end of the day, I want the minutes and agendas to be on the Wiki
page, I care very little how that is achieved.

Regards
| Unix the 'right' way |  http://elzubeir.fakkir.net/ |