Re: Where's that focus ?

--- Mohammed Elzubeir <elzubeir at arabeyes dot org> wrote:
> > Bayani ;-), so how can we avoid such lows in the future (since I'd guess
> > we'll end-up in this position again soon) ?  Can we put a system in place
> > to catch us from relaxing as we tend to fall asleep rather quickly ?  I
> > would have hoped that the TODOs would gauge and dictate our involvement,
> > but that doesn't seem to be the case.
>
> I find it rather difficult to place such a system. However, I do believe
> that for core members, an occasional 'vacation' time would be nice.
> Cause really, I've been running on fumes. I have somewhat lost interest
> and hence my lack of involvement lately.

I know what you mean, I'm way beyond fumes but the urgency keeps me going.

> It is not that the subject at hand is no longer interesting, but it gets
> tiring after doing it for so long. Since Arabeyes is not what puts food
> on the table, one can afford to stop being active (on an individualistic
> level).

Is that still the case ?  Has the interest faded so much ?  If the problem
(or lack of interest) is still there, how best to conquer it and/or how
best to deal with it so as not to short-change Arabeyes' progress.  Should
we institute annual elections or a rotating member seat or ...  Seriously,
I don't like talking about all of this, but this has become a serious enough
issue to where we need to solve it since I continue to believe that we'll
get our act together again soon and then after X weeks/months will end up
in the same position we are all in now (the archives will testify to that).

Again, this is a 'core' discussion and is not a 'nadim-mohammed' exchange.