Re: Where's that focus ?

--- Mohammed Elzubeir <elzubeir at arabeyes dot org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 00:52, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> > Keep in mind - we have a MEETING every monday at 20:00 UTC unless
>
> Why am I under the impression it's 0600 UTC?

My bad - you're right.  It is supposed to be 0600 UTC mondays.

> > Our TODOs are growing daily and we can't keep pace of the issues and
> > this MUST change sooner rather than later.  The issues are clear, what
> > needs to be done has been stated outright - now we need to log-off IRC
> > (or cut back) and get those things done (its a matter of spending say
> > an hour a day just on one's TODOs).
>
> Yes, my TODO's specifically are rotting as we speak. I am very well
> aware of that (and unhappy about it as well). Will attend to them
> TONIGHT! Mark my words ;)
>
> > As noted, many many people depend on our guidance - so let's not give
> > up on them or ourselves.
> >

> That's not a bad prep speech ;) Seriously though, I think I have just
> demonstrated the worst case scenario of a lazy core member. Personal
> things do crop up and are hard to deal with while maintaining the same
> level of enthusiasm and commitment to "volunteer" projects. Coming to
> think of it, we have already volunteered to no longer be volunteers.
> Being a core member is a full-time job and is a rather difficult
> position to uphold.
>
> As far as I'm concerned, my commitment level will go back to the norm in
> the coming week.

Mohammed, this is not address to you !!  We've been here many times and
we seem to function rather sinusoidally (I guess I can even plot it on
Bayani ;-), so how can we avoid such lows in the future (since I'd guess
we'll end-up in this position again soon) ?  Can we put a system in place
to catch us from relaxing as we tend to fall asleep rather quickly ?  I
would have hoped that the TODOs would gauge and dictate our involvement,
but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Ideas/Thoughts ?  Just looking to improve on our work habits and to better
structure our efforts moving forward.