[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
My vision for Core in 2005
- To: Core Arabeyes Management Team <core at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: My vision for Core in 2005
- From: Abdulaziz Al-Arfaj <aalarfaj at gmail dot com>
- Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 12:46:44 +0300
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=nNAloinf8mpjs3B2sngM5ZW2Il6DFHcvqg7Kn5g01mTTi+mx/IDXGZHQgMdvJc1MNxrKGtK/k3YA/yNyrxLY0nJBLkn3yaOIbbtj+1s2up1uj5/MiHQ6l7BrLy9YhcVf7Rvfk9Nf6/nbe4tnV8bgoe/K4WwwoD+qgpETXqjY2m0=
I should have emailed this yesterday, but apparently it slipped my mind...
After being tasked with putting together a list of the thigs I would
like to see the Arabeyes Core Team do in 2005, I eventually came up
with the list below. They are not arranged in any order of priority or
otherwise, and the list is not final:
* Revive QAC, permanently.
* Hold a seminar/event in Dubai or Bahrain.
* Raise more funds (mostly for the above).
* Start a full-fledged recruitment campaign.
* Translate the static pages on the website to Arabic [OF EXTREME IMPORTANCE].
* Find a way tomake possible the translation of non-static text on the
website (the stuff on MySQL).
* Start an unofficial but very loud movement or campaign to promote
the deployment of FOSS in Arabic-speaking countries.
Its a medium-sized, realistic and not too-ambitious list. Its still
growing, but I do hope to see comments/additions from you gents on
whats already there :-)