Re: 1U update

--- Anmar Oueja <anmar at arabeyes dot org> wrote:
> >>BAD:
> >>- The drop simply voids the warranty completely. We are on our own. IBM
> >>will no fix anything on this machine due to it being dropped.
> >

> > Is there anyway that they not mention what happened to the box and
> > simply mark it as a routine check-up/inspection ?
>
> They will not mention this drop at all. but if we are to fix the chassis
> for example, IBM would request that we send the opld chassis back. Once
> they see it as damaged they will request that we pay for the entire
> chassis cost.

Well since the chassis cost if prohebitive (CDN$700 or there abouts), we'll
simply have to hand-fix it so that it doesn't injure anyone (already done)
and leave it at that.  The warranty then stands until such a time that
something goes bad upon which time and upon inspection they might reject
the warranty based on the visible chassis damage - I know.  Nothing there
we can do (except to buy a brand new chassis without turning the old one
in and forking hords of money for very little reason).