1U update

I got off the phone with TLD (IBM service centre) and they gave me good and BAD news:

GOOD:

- The machine is doing well. Everything is working. They are finishing the testing tomorrow but do not anticipate any hicups

BAD:

- The drop simply voids the warranty completely. We are on our own. IBM will no fix anything on this machine due to it being dropped.

I talked to him about future problems we might have from this drop. He said the only damage you might get is the hard drives so he is doing very extensive testing of the hard drives to make absoloutly sure that nothing is wrong with them.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

The technician feels that the machine is in great Shape, apart from the chassis damages, everything else is in a great working condition.

He will call me tomorrow to inform me of the final results and tell me when i can pick it up.

Anmar