From: Mohammed Elzubeir
Subject: Re: TODOs web applications
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 22:18:22 -0500

On Sat, Mar 15, 2003 at 11:40:38PM +0100, Youcef Rabah Rahal wrote:
> Salam,
>
> I definitely like the http://todolist.sourceforge.net screenshots. I agree
> that this is 100 times better that manipulating a text file. This system
> can even be used, not only for 'core', but in Arabeyes developement
> projects too.

We've been through this at some point (I am almost positive I'll find
those links in an old core archive if not personal mail from Nadim). They're
nice and all.. but I am not too hot about them for one simple reason:
- It complicates user accounts (another account, another db, etc...)

If something like that is needed (and I don't see the urgency), it would
need to be well integrated onto the current setup and db we have. In
other words, it would have to be customized. To customiz stuff
like that would essentially amount to writing our own. So, there..
if someone wants to hack at php and write our todo list thing, or even
mold one of those to at least use our db, it's fine with me. All I
will do is spend 10-15 minutes to deploy it, no more. Too time consuming,
not enough reward.

later

MSN Search, le moteur de recherche qui pense comme vous ! http://search.msn.fr/worldwide.asp