Re: Translation Guide feedback

Salam,

Thank you Nadim for the long feedback :-)

I took into account your remarks. Just a few notes though:

From: Nadim Shaikli
Subject: Translation Guide feedback
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 21:58:39 -0800 (PST)

2.2 the Tasks List will be specific to the translation ?  If so you
    might want to rename it (we have too many task lists :-) maybe
    "translation_task list or something"

Yes. There are different tasks list for translation and development (and graphics). Have a look at the modified help.php page ;-)

3.1.1 Mention the fact that the user needs to pick a project to work on
      (might want to mention the "projects" page link and tell them to
      search for "i18n" or something) and to get a hold of the coordinator
      noted on that project page to establish some sort of communication.

OK. Link to the task list page which will contain the possible jobs and the link to each project page that contains all the information about the project: coordinator name for example.

3.5 Might want to mention that projects have priorities and that they (the
    newbies) need to look at the project plan and make sure that they work
    on files deemed of importance - again meaning "need to contact the
    project coordinator"

Normally this should not happen (newbies working on unimportant files) since the coordinator is the person to assign the tasks. But maybe there's no harm to mention it again ;)

3.6 Might want to mention that if one is NOT able to commit (no account or
problems, then the file ought to be mail to the coordinator to a special
not-yet existant email address)

OK. Let's create it then :)

In section 3, I didn't see any mention of credit info, headers, fuzzy stuff,
automatic translation, what to write when you commit, etc. Section-3 is the
heart of this document and seems to need a bit more beef. You might want to
add all of Isam's previous FAQ points here (in terms of process, etc).

About CVS committing etc, i will only refer to the CVS HOWTO. I think that there's no need to write things twice :)

Thanks again for your feedback and Salam,

Youcef.

MSN Search, le moteur de recherche qui pense comme vous ! http://search.msn.fr/worldwide.asp