Re: Registration progress

--- Youcef Rabah Rahal <yrrahal42 hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm... Nadim, we seem to have sent our replies simultaneously ! I think we
> should coordinate this: who makes the replies. Nadim, if you want to do it,
> I'm OK with it ;-)

I was up at the time and the email simply came in, I shan't do it again
unless you tell me otherwise :-)  I thought you were asleep since I didn't
see ya on IRC - no biggie, mohammad should feel _very_ needed :-)

> I am thinking of making the whole procedure automatic: a user registers and
> he gets a reply depending of the type (D, T, PR, A) he choosed. But maybe a
> human preview of each registration is needed, what do you think ?

Sure, automating is fine - but we have a serious issue about these guys
simply registering and then disappearing.  Follow-ups are needed (in my
opinion) and we really need to think of how to keep and engage these
newbies.  Like this mohammad guy, he seems like a candidate to take over
the puTTY stuff, no ?  Elzubeir - your thoughts ?

> We should however make template replies depending on the registration type
> (wether we choose the automatic way or not). I will try to make some
> templates based on the already sent replies and on Nadim's suggestions.
> Then, I will send them to you if you want to review them.

Sure - we can all review them given they are on localcvs :-)

Sorry again (my bad).

BTW: please never user 'arch' to post discussions - its simply there for
     archiving.