[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Kuwait Linux proposal
- To: core at arabeyes dot org
- Subject: Re: Kuwait Linux proposal
- From: Isam Bayazidi <bayazidi at arabeyes dot org>
- Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 23:07:06 +0200
- User-agent: KMail/1.4.3
in short here is what I will reply with to him:
- Thanks, we would be glad and happy
- tell your translators to go the the register form in the Arabeyes page to
apply for account .. let them indicate that tehy are from Kuwait Linux in the
- following granthing account, they are advised to review the FAQ, CVS HOWTO
incase they are not familiar with CVS
- They are urged to use Linux, and Linux translation tools such as
Gtranslator, Kbabel, and so
- They should be in the doc mailing list, where most translators interaction
occure, you will find this list, and the list archive helpful in the
- the Arabeyes CVS will be the only accepted workspace for the translation
project, all commits should go there, and KDE CVS will be updated from
- Kuwait Linux name will appear in the Arabeyes KDE Section, and a News peice
will appear in Arabeyes, and in Linux4arab.com about the cooperation.
- your translators are free to add your cooperation name in the "Translators
Name" String in the PO files.. talking here about ONLY the PO files that you
work on ..
- About KDE .. they do not have a page for mentioning Translators names .. so
it will not be possible .. the only name there is the coordinator name, which
is Arabeyes ( Isam Bayazidi, Mohammed Elzubeir) and they are the ones that
work in the KDE CVS conserning the Arabic translation. No other name can be
added as this maybe misleading.
- Kuwait Linux will be recognized by Arabeyes, be added to the Related Links
section, and work with toword serving common goals..
Anything to add ? anything missing? anything mistaken ?