Re: fribidi & arabic shaping

--- "Chahine M. Hamila" <mch at chaham dot com> wrote:
> Nadim Shaikli a *crit :
>
> > if you convince the
> > authors to include Bidi (fribidi) then all arabic will work perfectly
> > without us lifting a finger
>
> Then why not push for Pango instead of fribidi? Pango includes fribidi and
> does a lot more...

Most authors I've talked to don't want to touch Pango (some have even said
it was a dead project) -- alas, doesn't matter to me as long as Arabic is
in there (do also keep in mind that its alot heavier -- memory foot-print,
etc).

In all, I was just trying to include Arabic into yet another thing that is
rather common out there -- seems innocent enough and could be compile
ignored anyway (ie. no harm done).