Re: task management/todo lists

On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 10:59:56AM -0700, Nadim Shaikli wrote:

>  1. Its requires a certificate (which I'm guessing is normal, right ?)

Yes, it's on an apache SSL server. The current certificate is just a dummy
one.

>  2. Its (or maybe arabeyes) is somewhat slow; have you considered hosting
>     this on a different machine besides arabeyes (walid and gang ?)

There were network problems earlier today (and seems still a little shaky).

>  3. Is one able to assign work/TODO-items to people ?

Not the TODO's, but you can have sub-projects under the TODO items.

>  4. Can I add notes to one of the TODO items.
>     For instance I might want to add some notes or emails regarding some
>     of the TODO items for completeness.  Is that possible ?
>     It would be ideal to be able to click on a TODO item and really dive
>     into it by having a place to put all one's notes, details, emails, etc.

Not sure. Tried to experiment? That was the idea ;)

?

>  6. How do the notes figure into this -- are they private, public.  How
>     do you envision using 'em ?  Are they linked to the TODO list somehow ?

You give a specific group access to see or not see your lists. All this
is under 'Preferences'.

>  7. Is this package capable of sending email reminders ?

I am almost certain. I didn't test everything -- I simply set it up minimally
and sent out the email about it.

>  8. Don't call it edara since it confuses things.  Call it by its name
>     'GroupWare' as it notes.

If this goes live, eDara will not be -- so no confusion.

later