VIM fork?

I understand the patches for arabic support in VIM were not incorporated
in the main branch.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand VIM charityware license allows
forks.
In which case, I suggest forking, renaming it, create the necessary deb,
tgz, and rpm and lobby the distros to integrate it (there's no reason
distros who want arabic support, i.e. most including the redhat, debian,
mandrake etc, wouldn't take it). All we need are specialized packagers
to tell you the truth. It seems Akka isn't getting any support in that
regard for example, and I think this is stupid as developers would
better be used developping than packaging...

Blah...