Re: licenses revisited

--- "Chahine M. Hamila" <HALCON11 at terra dot es> wrote:
> Words of wisdom Nadim.
>
> I would just like to add a point, that if fribidi (for example) was to ever
> change,
> 1) we could still base work and make a fork based on anterior versions which
> would evolve seperately,
> 2) other projects such as pango, gnome, etc... would probably not base
> themselves
> on that library but on another one which would become the standard instead...

Fribidi itself doesn't concern me -- think of the larger picture.  If
there are going to be licenses baring .il, there will be licenses (if not
already) baring Arabic countries; if we engage with something that bares
.il then we should expect to see more licenses baring Arabic countries (.il
or sweden - I don't care).

Do we want that (no) ? and irrespective how to "spin" this so that we/arabs
don't get harmed by something that we might be a part of.

One way I can think of -- tell haydar to remove "restriction" and make it a
statement of purpose of statement of conscious in which he condemns .il's
actions and views (that way he gets his "noise" out and we don't get any
lash-back (back-fire)).