Re: sf move plan

On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 07:50:31PM -0800, Nadim Shaikli wrote:

> Mohammed, how is this less overhead ?  You will still have to maintain
> everything (Gnats, CVS, users, shells, qamoose, etc.etc) and curse SF on
> any issue that they won't help with (or is a quirk).

Well, that wasn't the original plan ;) The plan was to move just about
everything with the exception of the local cvs, and demo-able packages (e.g.
QaMoose).. and the mailing lists.

> Arabeyes web page will be on SF, everything else will be on arabeyes -- so
> what's the point ?  I see a need for say arabeyes.sourceforge.net (like fvwm
> does) for the few cases when arabeyes is down (hurricanes, rough party at home,
> etc :-); but other than that I don't see it.

Hrmm. I am this <> close to dropping the whole idea. I think I know what
Chahine has to say and I'm not sure if Isam has formed a strong prejudice
against SF yet ;)

In any case, it's good you all have SF accounts so at least we have access to
the compiler farm.

| Mohammed Elzubeir                    | http://fakkir.net/           |
| Tech Support                         | http://www.arabeyes.org/     |
| College of Business Computing Center | Homepage:                    |
| University of North Texas            | http://fakkir.net/~elzubeir/ |