Re: announce list

On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 01:06:44PM +0200, Isam Bayazidi wrote:

> OK.. Who is in announce ? everyone who is in the doc/general/developer

No one at this point. It's still free game, how you want to do it.

> lists ? (with unique entries of course ..) who can post to it ? I hope that

I would rather not subscribe people without their consent to yet another
mailing list. Perhaps we can let them know that it now exists.

> it is not 'public for all to post' .. make it though only the core people
> can post, so it will not serve as a target for naughty advertisers

of course not ;) all posts are subject to moderator's approval (nothing goes
through).. with a few exceptions (e.g. your email addr).

> I am sending you both versions of Newsletter in txt form, I will try to
> make the PDF through lyx tonight..

Hrmm.. I wouldn't really worry about putting it in PDF format. I would have
preferred it if you started it off using the template.tex file (that is what
should be used for any/most document(s) coming out of Arabeyes). That way it
can be moved to html/pdf quickly. In any regard, this is a 'newsletter', which
is traditionally in plain text only. So, I wouldn't worry about it.

| Mohammed Elzubeir                    | http://fakkir.net/           |
| Tech Support                         | http://www.arabeyes.org/     |
| College of Business Computing Center | Homepage:                    |
| University of North Texas            | http://fakkir.net/~elzubeir/ |