Re: More Public Relations..

On Sat, Dec 29, 2001 at 11:03:27AM -0800, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> This is what I call GREAT "PR"
>
> http://www.montada.com/showthread.php?s=a791ca355631a7caed821ec309c92412&threadid=59708
>
> Why haven't we thought of something similar or done anything along those
> lines - certainly the companies would love to spread their distros and we
> can help them somehow (it will bring attention to the Arab world and to
> us in particular, no ?)
>
> Mohammed - I don't think we are doing all that we can in terms of PR and
> moving faster on that side; Isam has suggested we contact

While I agree that we haven't done 'all we can' in terms of PR, this is not really what we
are for. They are a LUG, it is their focus interest to do these things. We are in the
creation of things, not their distribution.

>  http://www.dit.net

I will check it out.

> The PC-Mag people and other publications -- could we do a similar ploy
> as with ITP ???
>
> I also think we could use help in this arena.  InfraRed -> BigBoss has
> plenty of time on his hands and is an avid surfer (and a funny personality),
> could we use him to do some of the leg work (he's in the UK).  I asked him
> if he's interested and he said "Yes, very", so now the question is how
> and with what...

Certainly. If you have a person who is willing to take responsibility for the whole PR work,
then by all means, I can't say no. However, I think we should try to focus on what we are
doing before we go a little too crazy with wanting to tell the world about us. We still have
a lot of work to do ;)