Re: Logo

--- Isam Bayazidi <bayazidi at accessme dot com> wrote:
> On Thursday 20 December 2001 1:30 am, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> > Are there arabic artistic bulletin-boards or chat-rooms or groups in
> > which we could solicit some help ?
>
> http://forums.c4arab.net/forumdisplay.php?forumid=7
>      and
> http://www.montada.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=81
>
> I am a member there already .. so if you have some criteria in mind for the
> logo please tell about it so that we could ask the graphic people about it ..

I thought there would be - well, its the same thing as before -- we are
looking for a cartoonish character that has a personality (ie. in the future
it will be doing things - like reading, running, etc).  An animal, a person, a
vegetable, whatever your fancy is along with bulging eyes and a thick mustache
or something interesting that is funny and serves our name.  Since you are
already a member, see if some of the people on the list have some ideas (I
don't think we are after anything abstract - like a circle with a line through
it - ie. Dali style :-)

Alas, simply post that we are looking for a logo, and that we can even
turn it into a contest if need be - ie. if we get more than say 10 logos
we can post them on arabeyes and have a vote or something -- that could
be dangerous :-)

Come to think of it, maybe we should turn to help on the gimp newsgroups as
well - but then again that would NOT be "arabic" in spirit :-)

As for logo details - there were a couple of posts to 'general' back in
August that note that -- it might be a good idea to polish that and have
a file handy to give people that would like to help.