Re: [admin] Updates on the new website

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 02:01:21PM +0100, Abderrahim Kitouni wrote:
> Salam,

Salam,

> > > Looks nice, but doesn't seem to be available for drupal 7...
> >
> > The module is very minimal. I'm sure I can port it fast if needed.
>
> OK, but let's get the thing to work first, and then make it better ;-p

My own blog is still using Drupal6. I think I can migrate it now that Drupal7 views
is ready. I'm sure I'll port that module anyway.

> > What we can do is to use drupal 6 + node_import to import the content then
> > upgrade to drupal 7 :P
> >
> > I can also write a simple importer that can be invoked via drush if needed.
>
> Sorry if it's more work for you, but I prefer the latter.

I can do it but it will take time. My hands are already full.

Do you have a copy of the database somewhere ?

> > The problem when I started working on the drupalification of arabeyes is that
> > we didn't know what's needed from the website. If we know that now then it will
> > make the process way easier.
>
> IMO, nobody is using the current site, so it isn't a problem if we don't
> have all the features. For me, the only important thing is to have
> project pages that contain informations and updates/announcements. (I
> also think the website should be slightly less formal).
>
> > > For the blocks on the right sidebar (listing projects for each
> > > category), I think it is easy to do them using views. But how about
> > > project pages? like this one:
> > > http://projects.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=GNOME
> > > How can one do something like this?
> >
> > If we want something minimal then:
> > 1) Each project is a custom CCK node.
> > 2) Contributors are assigned via the user reference field.
> > 3) Notes for projects are another content type done via CCK.
> > 4) Each note references its parent project via node reference
> > 5) http://drupal.org/project/nodereference_url can be used to put an "add note" link
> >   to each project.
>
> That is enough IMO. But what's needed to actually show the notes below
> the project informations?

Views can do this too. Not a big of an issue.

> > 6) Permissions will be a bit complex:
> >    - Users referenced as contributors will be given update access to the project
> >      using http://drupal.org/project/nodeaccess_userreference
> >    - Only contributors can create notes and this is done via http://drupal.org/project/nodeaccess_nodereference
> >
> > The permissions part is really complex but it depends on what we want from each project node!
>
> I guess we can leave this to the "make it run better" part.
>
> One other thing that would be useful but can wait for now is how to
> handle todos, I've seen a few modules but most of them don't work with
> drupal 7 (I guess this could replace Abdalrahim's
> calendar-for-tracking-deadlines).

I really don't know what's needed for the calendar and what's needed for TODOs
so I can't think of anything.

Cheers,

--
GPG-Key: 0xA3FD0DF7 - 9F73 032E EAC9 F7AD 951F  280E CB66 8E29 A3FD 0DF7
Debian User and Developer.