[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Tweak MLs subjects
- To: "Administrative (website/upkeep) Discussions" <admin at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: Re: Tweak MLs subjects
- From: Mohammed Adnčne Trojette <adn at diwi dot org>
- Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 00:38:43 +0100
- User-agent: Mutt/1.5.16 (2007-06-11)
On Mon, Jan 28, 2008, Mohamed Magdy wrote:
> Per adn, I'm posting here.
Thank you very much and sorry for not answering before :-(
> Please tweak the configuration of the mailing lists so that Mailman appends
> the mailing list name before the subject in the subject line.
> The current behavior is ambiguous because when you receive a message from
> one of Arabeyes's ml messages, you don't know: 1-if this message came from a
> mailing list or not. 2-which message belongs to which mailing list. I rather
> find that quite annoying. There is filters all right but it isn't as good as
> having the list name in the email subject line.
My suggestion would be to filter your incoming emails according to the
X-Been-There header. Using procmail with the following rule puts each
mailing list in a different mailbox or maildir:
* ^X-BeenThere: dot + at arabeyes dot org
* ^X-BeenThere: \/[^ at ]+
> What do you think?
If more people are in favor of the change, I'll do it, of course. But I
really think it clutters the Subject line.
Mohammed Adnčne Trojette