Re: Arabeyes.org upgrades

On Mon, Apr 09, 2007, Mohammed Adnčne Trojette wrote:
> On occasion it will be necessary to reboot and possibly reinstall
> various packages.

Salam,

Sina was migrated to Etch on Monday.
Sina was rebooted a couple of minutes ago.
Sina is now running a newer kernel.

adn at sina ~% cat /etc/debian_version
4.0
adn at sina ~% uptime
 17:27:07 up 4 min,  1 user,  load average: 0.10, 0.22, 0.10
adn at sina ~% uname -a
Linux sina 2.6.18-4-686 #1 SMP Mon Mar 26 17:17:36 UTC 2007 i686 GNU/Linux

Ah, and an unexpected result of the migration is:

17:29 adn at sina ~% mailq|tail -1
-- 54 Kbytes in 8 Requests.

(that's a constant improvement since our setup of antispam measures)

> Do please exercise a prudent level of patience, we'll do our
> best to keep downtime and service outages to a minimum.  If
> all else fails do please find us on IRC.

El hamdu lillah, everything has gone fine. If you notice something
wrong, please tell me ASAP.

--
Mohammed Adnčne Trojette