[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Registration replies
- To: "Administrative (website/upkeep) Discussions" <admin at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: Re: Registration replies
- From: Abdulaziz Al-Arfaj <aalarfaj at gmail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 16:51:31 +0300
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=aWVPvSlOqjzeWK71qWQ8qYIu32/8//1TPxy3+g+vnzuJglOWLu+9m7Zkm49Uuq6A8moPvG7lTLEdLoPHYurmFtRG6cA0iA44e0RpljfgRPrXW9YSgdNUoTz+rUcyZxB2Jn/3/h4xP0Ea+ZIhbVLwdNDLcevqOD6AX3FeodDB+WM=
I have started work on the registration reply mechanism. For starters,
I have a request: that we do away completely with the "type" property
of each registree, either that or we should let the registree be able
to select more than one type. I have several reasons for this, but
1. I don't want any newbies on Arabeyes to feel "married" to any one
type. Even though around 80% of the people who register with us
register as developers, I have a feeling many of them would make
perfectly good translators.
2. This information is never used, and its at best confusing.
I had more reasons but I forgot them. Trust me on this one and lets do
away with it to encourage the new registrees to contribute wherever
they wish and give them more freedom.