[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: A few admin issues
- To: "Administrative (website/upkeep) Discussions" <admin at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: Re: A few admin issues
- From: Youcef Rabah Rahal <y dot rahal at gmail dot com>
- Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 11:08:44 +0200
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=ny7qLtpCQpZDoRzH+cTEslhKSesjQWE3Z3ALKcphbQ4s4mt3FSY8slBqr8gR6pop0fcR1nJRDboNpm4yfn7BjaRHZ8e3i0ScNMAOD9ndlJxl/GBjVljsuWglSEX25lq4lcYA4DdCBT1asG6uDoH54GXmNB1/mwTiojlq59C5PGY=
On 7/28/05, Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> --- Youcef Rabah Rahal <y dot rahal at gmail dot com> wrote:
> > 1- cvs2rss.py outputs its RSS file in ~arabeyes/htdocs/www/rss/. this
> > script is run at every commit and thus is run by 'cvsuser'. However,
> > the output dir belongs to 'arabeyes'... Is it hazardous to 'chmod g+w'
> > it?
> Have no idea. Is there a reason why you want to run it as user 'cvsuser'
> instead of 'arabeyes' ?
It's not a choice, it's a fact ;) When you add a script in loginfo it
is executed as 'cvsuser'. So, can anyone confirm if it's hazardous or
not to 'chmod g+w' a dir under www/?
> > 2- ml2rss.pl needs to be run everytime there's a new post on a mailing
> > list. Where can I then plug it? Nadim, any idea?
> There are some perl scripts that get run each and everytime an email is
> received (~arabeyes/bin/mail/mail_archiver.pl). This script gets called
> from mailman and so we could stick into one of those files and/or piggyback
> it as necessary.
Yeah, that's what I'd like to do. ie call the script from mailman
(without inlcuding it in mail_archiver.pl though, which would not be a
good way to do things IMHO). Can you give me more details please?
> > 3- Are we doing backup? Is so, how/when/where etc :)
> Great question - last I heard that anmar was doing it though I have no
> recent confirmation.
Anmar, can you confirm or not, if you're reading this?
I'll try to do as you suggested with the rest.
Youcef R. Rahal