Re: A few admin issues

Salam,

On 7/28/05, Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:

> --- Youcef Rabah Rahal <y dot rahal at gmail dot com> wrote:

> > 1- cvs2rss.py outputs its RSS file in ~arabeyes/htdocs/www/rss/. this
> > script is run at every commit and thus is run by 'cvsuser'. However,
> > the output dir belongs to 'arabeyes'... Is it hazardous to 'chmod g+w'
> > it?
>
> Have no idea.  Is there a reason why you want to run it as user 'cvsuser'
> instead of 'arabeyes' ?

It's not a choice, it's a fact ;) When you add a script in loginfo it
is executed as 'cvsuser'. So, can anyone confirm if it's hazardous or
not to 'chmod g+w' a dir under www/?

> > 2- ml2rss.pl needs to be run everytime there's a new post on a mailing
> > list. Where can I then plug it? Nadim, any idea?
>
> There are some perl scripts that get run each and everytime an email is
> received (~arabeyes/bin/mail/mail_archiver.pl).  This script gets called
> from mailman and so we could stick into one of those files and/or piggyback
> it as necessary.

Yeah, that's what I'd like to do. ie call the script from mailman
(without inlcuding it in mail_archiver.pl though, which would not be a
good way to do things IMHO). Can you give me more details please?

> > 3- Are we doing backup? Is so, how/when/where etc :)
>
> Great question - last I heard that anmar was doing it though I have no
> recent confirmation.

Anmar, can you confirm or not, if you're reading this?

I'll try to do as you suggested with the rest.

Youcef R. Rahal