Re: rss business

--- Arafat Mohamed <biku at comcast dot net> wrote:
> Here's a simple newsfeed that mirrors update.
> http://www.arabeyes.org/~amohamed/www/rss/en.rss

Great - wonderful start.

> Is there a consensus yet on what the feed should contain? News and
> update is last I heard I just want to verify. Also, should these be two
> seperate feeds or part of the same feed?

I would recommend we either section them off within the RSS so the
recipient can choose what they want to display or simply offer two
RSS files - news_en.rss and projects_en.rss

> Do we want the feeds in multiple languages or is english sufficient?

Once we have multiple languages the RSS should follow as well.

> p.s. The script will be in perl. Is this acceptable or is there a
> preferred scripting language?

Perl is fine - the important thing is to get it going (and as you've
seen its not that difficult).

Keep up the progress and great work.