Re: OT: Wiki issues

I'm making a very wild guess and saying this thread belongs in
admin... hope I'm not mistake. :-)

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 12:20:31 +0400, Mohammed Elzubeir
<elzubeir at arabeyes dot org> wrote:
[...]
> In either case, I have locked down the entire wiki so no one can write
> to it (no one), until this is sorted out. We've been doing fine without
> this crap for a long time, wonder what brought us to their attention :(

Is there any specific reason why we can't require an admin's approval
before granting a wiki account? (It'll be just like CVS accounts...)

It won't require that much upkeep. How many wiki account requests are
we likely to recieve in one week after all? (I'm guessing 5 tops, and
in either case its still less work than cleaning up this spam mess :-)

Abdulaziz,