Re: Arabeyes Project News Feed, Arabeyes Banner

--- Isam Bayazidi <bayazidi at accessme dot com> wrote:
> the Linux4Arab site would like to continue it's support to Arabeyes by
> placing an advertizing banner for the Arabeyes project, I emailed you before
> requesting a banner for Arabeyes to be displayed if you are interested, as
> for us, we are interested, and very welcoming to your banner in Linux4Arab
> pages.

Great.  I've just forwarded to ya the 'banners' Ossama mailed me.  We're
likely to have some new ones (inshalla), so we'll let you know if that
happens.

>   Another thing that we would like to have as well, is RSS feed to Arabeyes
> project news... If you can provide us with a way to post Arabeyes Project
> News (Project NewsHeadlines at least) then we can have Arabeyes project News
> posted in a block in the Linux4Arab main page. Or of you prefer to have a
> block in the main page that contain a short message in Arabic for Arabs to
> Join Arabeyes efforts we can arrange for that. Please provide me with the
> contents of such box. Nevertheless I think it would be great if RSS feed can
> be provided to have Linux4Arab (and many other Arab pages) post Arabeyes
> Projects news updates.

That would be GREAT.  I'm including this email on our new 'admin' page which
deals with exactly these kind of issues as whomever is interested in helping
is on 'em (including our web-admin - Mr. Arafat Mohamed).  I'm not sure what
is involved on our end, but such a feature would indeed be VERY useful to
have.

Isam, I think asking all the LUGs to do the same would be a great step
in the right direction.  The more info we can all share the better off
everyone is.